Ailish Dubh

SarahMarie

Ailish from the moment I met you and saw how awful life was for you back then, I promised I would love and care for you always and never allow you to be hurt or scared again. With a lot of love you learned to trust me and our bond was unbreakable.

You were such a beautiful, loving girl. You never complained about anything although many things scared you due to the life you lived before I took you in. That's okay, I understood your fears and helped you through them.

You were such a happy girl. I always took delight in watching you run, it was more of a prance; so regal, it would make me smile and give you big hugs. You had this funny grin you would get on your face when you were happy. You would do silly things that always made me laugh.

Last summer all this joy came to an end when you were diagnosed with osteosarcoma in a rear leg. You were not ready to go yet, you still wanted to live. After consulting with the vets and not wanting you to be in pain it was decided to amputate the leg. This was a very hard time for both of us, but together we made it through. Soon enough you learned that walking on three legs was not such a bad thing and not too longer after that you were running around chasing squirrels, acting like not a thing was wrong. Your spirit was still there, strong as ever. We had a few good months until October came and you were telling me something was not right. The vet took x-rays and discovered very faint glimpses of cancer starting to invade your lungs. You were not ready to leave yet, and the vet said your quality of life was still good. You were not having any difficulty breathing at that time. Time went on, we made it to Christmas and that was a miracle.

You took to my bed and there we would sleep, side-by-side. You would greet me at the door when I came home, with a wag of your tail, looking at me right in the eyes, and a big grin on your face. I loved you so much, Ailish, and treasured the moments we had. You were so brave.

You began to have some difficulty breathing, but it was not frequent until the other night. I awoke with you several times through the night, you were having difficulty breathing, and when you a breathing attack I would hold you close, petting you gently and talking to you soothingly. The look you gave me told me the time was coming soon when you would be ready to say goodbye. Thursday we went to the vet, she listened to your breathing, took a chest xray, and came back with the news that the cancer had metastasized throughout your lungs. The time had come to say goodbye. I could not let you go then and there, and Dr. Strine understood. We went home and I just held onto you, petting you and talking to you and assured you it was not going to hurt. Beth came over a little after 7 pm and we went to Dr. Beach. You were scared and I did my very best to comfort you. I sat on the floor with you on your blanket. Once you received the injection and it started to take effect, you rested your head on my lap and passed away. It was all very peaceful, you left this world with dignity. Ailish, you will remain in my heart and soul forever. I love you more than I can even begin to describe and I miss you terribly.

Run free my beloved Ailish...

fb7e744e.jpg

Ailish pictures

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Sarah...I am sooo sorry :cry1 She was loved very much, not only by you but by everyone here at Greytalk. She was an inspiration to me to adopt a Saluki in the future. She was a very beautiful and precious hounds. :heart

Good bye Ailish, you will be greatly missed. :heart:grouphug:heart

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Guest azlorenz

I'm so sorry. I've thought Alish often since I first learned of her illness. May she be running like the wind with all the other Rainbow Bidge kids.

P.S. Alish, give my Jeffrey a kiss from Mom.

Run free beautiful Ailish. I know you will look down on your family and shower them with love until you meet again.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Ailish, I'm crying even writing this, but you were so beautiful, so loved it showed in your eyes. I'm glad you passed on with dignity into peace. Godspeed little one.

Sarah, I'm so, so sorry she's gone, but what a gift you gave her -- both her life and her death.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Ailish, sweet strong girlie, my heart is aching for your momma who gave you so fine a life and helped you say good-bye when it was time.

Run free forever, Ailish.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest trevdog

What a beautiful tribute to such a special girl. An inspiration to us all especially those of us that have gone through similar experiences.

Run free Ailish....... :gh_run

Oh my, hard to see through the tears to write this... Run free sweet Ailish.. you were loved so much and that love will alway be there, the bond that you had with your "mom" will forever be unbroken. Sweet wonderful girl, you never need feel pain again...

:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug:angelwings:cry1

Guest MountainHounds

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog who was so well loved. My heart is with you Sarah as you go through this difficult time. Run free Ailish

Sarah, your heart must be breaking. I hope, though, that you know how lucky you were, to have such a wonderful friend. And she was lucky to have you as well. Your mutual love for one another makes the loss that much harder---but I certainly understand how you can't let such a wonderful friend suffer. I went through the same with my heart kitty.

Just remember her with love, and know how blessed you were to have her. Some people NEVER have such a friend.

I think everyone on GT loved Ailish, even though we never met her.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

sarah that is a beautiful tribute to ailish i know your heart is hurting so bad right now but you gave her a wonderful home and showed her what love was about.you will always have your fond memories . god bless you for being such a wonderful person.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest ProudGreyMom

Oh, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. I am typing thru tears right now. You gave her a wonderful home, and she went to the bridge with you being the last love on earth she saw. My sympathies to you :(

Guest pleasantsarg

This difficulty of this is only a measure of the joy you brought to the world Ailish. Run free sweet girl. Hugs to your mommy, she has had to do one of the hardest things today. Bless you Sarah, take care of yourself.